Amateur Radio onboard Skylab

During some personal research I have been involved in,  I came across
a historical snippet regarding amateur radio onboard Skylab.  It seems
there were discussions going on between NASA and AMSAT about
putting together some sort of station for the astronauts to use.  It seems
it was decided that "the disadvantages outweighed the advantages",  and
the idea was shelved.

I thought it was a neat little piece of AMSAT history that I had not heard about,
and thought I'd pass it along to the bb.  Here's a link (scroll down to Dec 23, 1971, or
search for amsat) -

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/SP-4011/part3a.htm

Rich