RE: Downconverter noise

Hi,

I've got one of Howard's modified downconvertors and it demonstrates the
same effect when powered from my '910.

The downconvertor is directly coupled to the 'RUH patch / 60cm dish with no
preamp with 10 mtr of coax on the IF side.

The meter moves from S0 to S4 when the preamp coax power is applied.
Making sure that the options are set for it being an external pre-amp.

The usual test it to point the antenna below the horizon and watch the
ground noise come up at least an S point.

I usually turn the attenuator on to reduce the noise and this has little
effect on the downlink signal.

regards

Dave, G4DPZ