From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org] On Behalf
Of Ralph Bolt
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2003 10:51 AM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Starting Up

I'm a month away from retirement and intend to build my first satellite
station from the ground up.  I'd be interested in suggestions for a
complete station:  So far I have an Icom 910 and Mac Doppler Pro and am
a member of AMSAT.  Beyond that, I'd like specific suggestions for a
complete station from the rig to the antenna in fine detail from coax
to pre-amps to station accessories, software, you name it; from the IC
910 to the satellites (AO 40 included) and back, what do I need?.
What's your dream station?  Brand names would help.  My only limits are
antenna covenants which will require me to mount antennas on a small
motorcycle trailer to be wheeled outside as needed.  Thanks in advance
for any ideas.  Ralph, K0HML.