RE: Sats for packet 9600 and software

Hi Bob

> I keep forgetting that the Kenwood TS2000 also has a built-in TNC like the
> D7 and D700.  I know it does not support front panel APRS, but otherwise
> is the TNC identical?  That is, in packet mode, it is both 1200 and 9600
> and uses the same command set?

The TS-2000 has a similar command set but I believe that it will not TX
properly due to the rudimentary DCD (ie squelch open). Jerry K5OE has the
low down on that, and it can be circumvented with manual intervention.

Alternatively, MixW will work too. I've not used it for APRS at 9600 but I
have worked UO-22 with it - http://www.g6lvb.com/Articles/MixWWisp.htm. If
you can do that you can most certainly run APRS through it with a far less
complicated configuration!

I think that the AGW packet engine should work too although I've not used
AGW recently enough to confirm.

73 Howard G6LVB