Re: ICBM Conversion for Civilian Launch

US Government policy to date has been that converted ICBM's can only be used
to launch government-owned payloads, to avoid competing against the commercial
launch industry. Amsat would need to petition the government to allow
non-profit groups to use the converted missiles. Someone would then need to
cover the cost of integrating the amateur payload onto the rocket.

Dan Schultz N8FGV