polarization question

Hi folks,

I should know this, but I'm not sure...

I know a circularly polarized signal switches polarity when it is reflected
off, say, a
dish antenna.  What happens to a linearly polarized signal?  Does it matter
if the
polarization is parallel to the reflecting surface, or cross-ways to it?

I'm wondering if a vertically polarized signal is always that way, or can
the
various reflecting surfaces in our ilves make it go horizontal or someplace
in between.

Thanks,

Greg  KO6TH