RE: RE:My 'First AO40 FD ' question

Greg,

Well I don't think this is a very practical idea.  First it is not in the
rules to exclude home stations on FD.  Why?  In a "real" emergency it can
be real handy to have home stations on the air!  A home station running on
emergency power is just as valuable a test as those in "the city park"!  Do
you have the ability to get on emergency power at home in 2-minutes?

But another thing to consider is how many AO-40 stations will be available
from just class A&B locations?  If you are talking Leos such as UO-14,
then, yes, there are too many stations, for all to have the ability to make
a contact.  Up here in Alaska the home stations often provide half the
contacts for field stations...we have learned to use only passes that don't
cover the lower-48 (on Leos)!  Would you like the Alaska section for FD on
AO-40?  You won't likely hear many if you exclude class D & E (maybe one or
two will be on from a field-day site).  Maybe none!

73, Ed - AL7EB
If I get on, I will only be available for about an hour from home on FD.
Have other priorities this year.  You may get your wish!