YACER Program Suite Available

YACER (Yet Another Camera Experiment)(Revisited) For Windows
 *  *  *  *   (Program Suite) Package now available   *   *   *   *

For those of you interested in the AO-40 Spacecraft technology &
Science,
I am happy to announce the availability of the YACER Package.

You can now capture, view, and analyze the YACE Camera Images and
determine the spacecraft Alon/Alat directly from the telemetry
beacon raw data stream, or from the AO-40 Archives.

This Package includes all the software and documentation of the
software, used by the AO-40 Command Stations in their day to day
ascertainment
of the spacecraft ALon/ALat. Now you can do it yourself, in the shack.

The package (YACER) is supplied as an auto extracting, zipped file
containing
file structure, the necessary data files to get started, the suite of
software programs,
the full 40 page documentation and User Manual, and a simple
Readme.txt. The documentation is supplied in .pdf format, so you must
have Acrobat Reader.

Until we determine the extent of interest, we will distribute via
e-mail.
We will eventually add FTP availability for those who have very
restrictive
e-mail size sanctions imposed by your ISP. The download is just over
2meg.

If you are interested in receiving the YACER Package, please
e-mail me at: W8GSM@AMSAT.org.
In the subject line enter: "YACER Package".

I will reply ASAP.

A word of caution. This Package is not for the fain of heart. This
documentation
covers software written over the last two decades by some of the best
minds
in AMSAT, worldwide. We have attempted to make the documentation as
friendly
as possible, but you must be willing to take the time to read it
cover-to-cover
prior to getting started. Take your time with it, and you will have a
BALL!!!
The YACER Package is distributed at no charge. If you like it and use
it, why not send
a reasonable contribution (say $20.00) to your AMSAT organization. More
money = more birds!

For your information:
AMSAT North America
850 Sligo Avenue, Suite 600