ATV on any TV

On Tue, 20 May 2003, Woody wrote:

> CATV channels 57, 58, 59, & 60 correlate to ATV frequencies 421.25, 427.25,
> 434.00, & 439.25.  A lot of Hams use CATV receivers and VCRs for ATV.

Or ANY modern TV directly!

I live about 12 miles from the Baltiomre ATV repeater.  Just sitting on my
couch, I can just use the handheld remote to switch the "tuner"  from
"UHF" to "CATV" and tune to *cable* channel 60 and I can watch ATV anytime
they are on the air.  They have a 2meter voice transmitter associated with
the audio, and so my scanner can alert me to when they are on the air.

Remember, CABLE channel 60 (hooked to an outside antenna), not UHF channel
60.

Bob

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

MIM/Mic-E/Mic-Lite  http://ssdl.stanford.edu/mims/