Re: Cable Modems on HAM bands?

The term "New" is in relation to the Docsis standards.  The most recent
standard defines the frequencies I gave.  In North America, there is no
"frequency" allocation in CATV.  The operators can use whatever standards
they want.  While it's true that most of the modems probably use the 5 to 42
MHz band because of backward compatibility, the actual Docsis standard has
the 5 to 65 MHz range.  The operator can use whatever frequencies in that
range he wants.

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 5/20/03 10:09 AM, IP wrote:

> 99 percent of the modems are in the 5-42 MHz band in the US. The 5-65 MHz is
> not a newer/old issue it is a north america / europe issue. The cable splits
> are:
>
> 40/52 or 42/54 for north america
> 65/86 for europe
> 55/70 for japan