Re: Cable Modems on HAM bands?

on 5/15/03 3:43 PM, Bob Bruninga wrote:

> Any experts want to fill in the modem details and the bandwidths and
> frequencies?

Bob,

I'm not sure if someone has filled this in or not, but I talked briefly to
the guy across the hall from me that I work with.  In his previous career he
worked for the "Circle M Ranch" designing CATV head end equipment.  He still
calls on the CATV groups at "Circle M" as well.

Anyhow, the current systems work with the following frequencies:

>From modem to head end (uplink): 5 to 65 MHz

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home