Re: Wind load of a mesh dish

In a previous life, I was a cleanroom and microcontamination engineer in
a semiconductor fab...  the challenge there was to provide "open table
top" surfaces so the 90 fpm laminar air from the ceiling HEPAs could
pass through the table top and sweep any dust or particulate away.

The tables there were often 1/8 stainless rod space 1" (like a bar-b-que
dish, or that white rod shelving they sell in the home improvement
stores)...  I think the magic number is 85% to 95% air space vs blockage
before (as Wayne pointed out), you start to create a "boundary" layer of
air turbulence that makes the surface effectively solid.

Bill
W1PA