Polarisation On L- Band

Hi All

A dumb question - I am currently getting set up for L-Band uplink, and have
an M2 35el yagi waiting to go up. Should I use horizontal or vertical
polarisation, and are there any specifics to note when mounting the antenna.
I got the antenna second-hand, and the mounting bracket is missing. I need
to make up the relevant mount, so any info or comment would be appreciated!

73
Barry ZR6DXB
Johannesburg, South Africa