Re: FCC Rules Amateur Satellite Service is NOT Primaryat 2400 MHz

on 5/19/03 8:54 AM, Reicher, James wrote:

> The non-interference basis works more against the Wi-Fi crowd than against
> us, at least in theory, since their devices may not cause interference to
> other users of the band.
>
> 73 de N8AU, Jim in Raymore, MO

Absolutely.  And given the fact that Amateur Service is now primary at 2400,
that makes a HUGE difference.  In fact, with Amateur Service primary, I
think in some ways there is no need for the satellite service to be primary.
In some ways, to me, it is saying that the Amateur Satellite Service is
secondary and may not cause interference to the Amateur Service.  I don't
have a problem with that at all.

It's amazing how many hams have the "Chicken Little" mentality.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden