ANNOUNCING: ao40link.exe, a link budget program for Windows

I have written a stand-alone version of Gene Marcus' link budget spreadsheet.  Two advantages/features:
1. Doesn't require Microsquish Excel to run.  It's an executable program all to itself.
2. Will calculate your own uplink SNR based on a Nova for Windows listing file, plus the maximum transmit power to keep from triggering LEILA.

Several months ago I had written an adjunct macro to Gene's version 2.0 spreadsheet to do the same thing.  But macro programming in Excel is a bit convoluted :-)  Plus, the listing file format for NfW changed with 2.1v and it was easier to start from scratch!

So, check it out.  I find it convenient to have a weekly listing at the operating position.

http://members.cox.net/nx7u/ao40/Software

Scott Townley NX7U
Gilbert, AZ  DM43di