Re: HF interference from BPL or PLC

On 17 May 2003 at 3:43, Deon Erwin wrote:

> South Africa's only electric utility has been transmitting telephone and
> very low level data signals over its powerline grid since the 1970's without
> causing any interference.

Makes me remember that our hydro power company here hydro-quebec
use to have a grreen line phone system for many years. Dont know if they still use it now.

I lived about 2km from a 735KVA power lines and never hear any QRM but a lots of QRN at HF frq's. Couple of
ham folks here are living in close proximity less than 1000 feets from power lines or sub station and only
reporting QRN and buzzing sound. One is so closed he can mesured magnetic field level right in his back yard
from a sub station.Luc Leblanc VE2DWE (AMSAT 33583)
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator
          http://www.qsl.net/ve2dwe/
C.P.341