FT-847 and CAT question

Hello All,

I'm not sure if this is a software bug or the way the FT-847 normally
operates. The problem goes like this:

Tracking the Doppler shift at 5 second intervals (maybe I should make this
less?) during receive seems to work correctly. However, if I'm transmitting
at the same time then sometimes the receiver corrections become erratic. The
corrections may be in large jumps and sometimes in the wrong direction.

Should I prevent Doppler tracking during transmit sessions? I get the feeling
that I should because the power indicator sometimes freezes and shows a break
between the display dots.

The manual doesn't mention anything about not transmitting during a data
transfer period.

--
Regards,
Phil