Re: Is "silvered" mylar a reflector of UHF/microwaves?,

HI AMSATs,

This kind of question I have asked a long time ago also.
Nobody could tell me so I tested some kind of MYLAR that is used as
heat-radiator warmth reflectors at the wall.

The result was that is reflects on 2m, 70cm, 13cm and 10GHz (more tests I
have not done).
Finally I have made an inflatable dish and a foldable dish with it and both
work great !!!!!

The inflatable dish is very impractical because it takes 30min. to pomp it
up and compesor to keep it that way haha. But I made several Ao40 contacts
with it.
The foldable dish I have used many times and can be seen om my weppage. The
test results compaired with a full metal dish is about 6dB difference. The
difference is little caused by the MYLAR but most by the not 100% parabolic
shape.

With this material I have also done tests on 2m and 70cm, and it can be used
very well. The only problem is that you still need some copper strip for the
radiator, as the MYLAR will not be able to solder :-(

Look on my webpage for more details and pictures:
www.qsl.net/pe1rah

73 de PE1RAH, William
---