AO-7

I tried working through AO-7 last night for the first time on the 0201Z
pass, just as the bird came out of eclipse.  The beacon was clear as a bell.

Heard my signal coming back on Mode A and tried to work a station (W7TYN in
Oregon) but was unable to make contact.  Next time, I'll have the key hooked
up to the FT-817 so I don't have to use the buttons on the mike.

Used my IC-706 for the downlink, the FT-817 for the uplink.  Antennas were a
Ringo Ranger 2 and a Butternut HF6V vertical.  I'll have a more
sophisticated set-up for Field Day!

73 de N8AU, Jim in Raymore, MO