HF interference from BPL or PLC

Three more Broadband-on-Power areas added to the list and more detail:

Cullman,    AL - PowerComm test
Atlanta,    GA - (soon) Southern Company
Potomac,    MD - 70 - Current Technologies/ Potomac Electric Power Co
St Louis,   MO - (may be Cape Girardeau?)
Raleigh,    NC - Progress Energy
Willmington,NC -
Briarcliffe,NY - Con-Ed
New York,   NY - (soon) Con-Edison
Columbus,   OH - (soon) American Electric Power (AEP)
Dublin,     OH - American Electric Power (AEP)
Hyde Park,  OH - Cincinatti, about 100 users
Allentown,  PA - Amperion (in the Emmaus area)
PhiladelphiaPA - (soon) Pennsylvania Power and Light
Manassas,   VA -

Remember, there are no signals when people aren't using it, so be careful
about reporting "nothing heard".  THis is not chicken-little.  I'm just
helping people share information about where these Broadband tests are
being conducted so that HAMS living nearby can be alerted to listen..
(or transmit)...

If you live near these, google search your area to find out where and go
drive around and see what you hear..  Here are some other things to search
for... FInding even 1 out of 50 users in a city is a needle in a haystack!

See the ARRL web page:  http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/HTML/plc/

If you find other areas advertised, send me an UPDATE to this list..

> See:  http://www.currenttechnologies.com/ :  What is PLC?
> Powerline communications (PLC) technology uses the existing local electric
> wires to provide digital communication services such as high-speed Internet
> access, voice over IP (VoIP), video, and in-home networking.
>
> But even skeptics say this year's planned broadband rollouts could be a
> watershed. "If they go well, you'll see a lot of utilities joining the
> bandwagon," says Brett Kilbourne, director of regulatory affairs for United
> Telecom Council, which represents 850 power companies that also offer
> telecommunications services.

de WB4APR, Bob

---
You are currently subscribed to aprssig as: bruninga@usna.edu