Re: HF interference from BPL or PLC

Bruce:
I agree, it's probably a disaster for us.  Which doesn't matter to
regulators.  The point we'll have to make is that the throughput and
reliability will be at risk due to all the noise and variation of
impedances on the power network, let alone interference FROM licensed HF
users.  Any ISP considering this is probably in for more user complaints
than a cable TV company of the mid 80's...

To get just a HINT of the problem, ask anyone who was involved in cable
current AM broadcasting.  It could be made to work, but was painful and
full of noise problems.

73,
Jim
wb4gcs@amsat.org