VU Transponder ON TEST

Hi All
The first homebrew VU TRANSPONDER homebrewed by VU2BGS Om Kumar is ON TEST
since this morning from his home Qth.

It is a Linear Transponder with Output of about 2 Watts.
UHF UPLINK is         435.080
VHF DOWNLINK is   145.900

I tried it this morning on FM first , then CW, USB, LSB and I could hear my
sigs coming thro 59+ 40 db,  I was running  5 watt then reduced half watt.
Great sigs were heard on the return.
My QTH is situated 15 kms away from VU2BGS Qth. with all the concrete jungle
around Hi !
He has just used a simple GP for both U & V on the tranponder placed just
above the roof of ground floor..

Other stations who worked thro' and exchanged reports are VU2WMY, VU2GUR &
VU2IR.
We also had VU2UV  Air Commodore Subbi on standby listening to the
transponder , he is one the pioneer & veteran satellite operators since the
early OSCARS.

The transponder was demoed last Sunday at the monthly meeting of the
Bangalore Amateur Radio Club.

So congratulations Kumar for the good job and all the best for your project.
We hope to hear it from the sky soon.
Best 73
Pop
VU2POP