HF interference from BPL or PLC

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Cap Pennell seeded the list of
Broadband-on-Power-Lines experiments:

Atlanta, GA    - (soon) Southern Company
St Louis, MO   - (soon) Ameren
Raleigh, NC    - Progress Energy
New York, NY   - (soon) Con-Edison
Columbus, OH   - (soon) American Electric Power (AEP)
Allentown, PA  - Amperion
Philly, PA     - (soon) Pennsylvania Power and Light
Dublin Oh      - American Electric Power (AEP)
Germantown, MD - 70 - Current Technologies, with Potomac Electric Power Co
Hyde Park, Cincinnati - about 100 users

If you live near these, google search your area to find out where and go
drive around and see what you hear..  Here are some other things to search
for...

KR1ST offers the ARRL web page:  http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/HTML/plc/

If you find other areas advertised, send me an UPDATE to this list..

> See:  http://www.currenttechnologies.com/ :  What is PLC?
> Powerline communications (PLC) technology uses the existing local electric
> wires to provide digital communication services such as high-speed Internet
> access, voice over IP (VoIP), video, and in-home networking.
>
> But even skeptics say this year's planned broadband rollouts could be a
> watershed. "If they go well, you'll see a lot of utilities joining the
> bandwagon," says Brett Kilbourne, director of regulatory affairs for United
> Telecom Council, which represents 850 power companies that also offer
> telecommunications services.

de WB4APR, Bob