Re: K Dish Question

In a message dated 5/14/03 12:57:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
na9d-2@speakeasy.net writes:

> Still, I think you have proven that an 18" dish would work great for K band.

It does work acceptably if you know the limitations and can work around them.
If I were building a new system, it would utilize a larger dish and circular
feed.

>  Too bad the C and X bands died.  An 18" could have been great for them too!

Personally I haven't counted out either system and neither has AMSAT-DL yet.
The matrix still shows "more testing" for both systems. In fact, I'm hoping
to try a C uplink before too long. I recently upgraded my 5760 terrestrial
system to 15 watts into 2' and can easily move it to 5668 (C uplink). With
help from Stacey, I hope to give the C band receiver another try soon.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649
Local Area Coordinator