Re: Dish Question

on 5/13/03 7:41 AM, Mike73@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/11/2003 11:30:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> na9d-2@speakeasy.net writes:
>
>> Now, on AO-40 for K band, many people use an 18" dish.
>
> Hi Jon,
>
> I read the above with interest. I'm curious to know who else is active using
> an 18" dish. I _believe_ I'm one of the only active operators using this size
> dish for K Band. I do know that Howard, G6LVB has an 18" dish, but I don't
> believe he's heard K yet. Also, Viktor, OE1VKW may have one. As far as I
> know, everyone else is using something larger.

Well, I knew you had one, Mike since I saw it at Dayton last year.  I know
that you are the only one active on K band in the US right now.  I assumed
there were others in Europe or elsewhere who might be using such.  Bad
assumption!

Still, I think you have proven that an 18" dish would work great for K band.

Too bad the C and X bands died.  An 18" could have been great for them too!

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden