Re: Maximum Mesh Pitch Rule of Thumb

Bill,

I have heard both numbers quoted, so if you have at least 1/8 WL holes or
smaller it should perform well.  Obviously 1/10th WL is better.  This rule
also applies to deformations and "bumps and dents" in the dish surface.  At
1296 0r 2400 this not too hard to satisfy.  All TV-sat dishes are designed
either for 4200 or 11,500 MHz, so easily comply.

At 24 GHz for mode-K its considerably tougher standard since a WL = 1.3 cm
(the surface roughness must be under .13 cm).

73, Ed - AL7EB