Re: TVRO actuators.

I have lots of pages saved using TVRO actuators with different setups.  I
had/have an interest in EME, but, since my move, I have had to put that on a
back burner.  I'll compile a list of what I have and send it to the list.
There are some really nice setups.

After all the talk on the weaknesses and such on the G-5400/5500 rotors, I'm
thinking about trying something different due to the fact that I want to use
a 3' Primestar dish for my AO-40 downlink.  I was also lucky enough to
receive a couple of 5' black, mesh, virgin dishes when a local ham had to
move.  I'd like to use those for L/S and TVRO actuators seem like a good
solution.

There is an article in chapter 10 (pp. 10-9 - 10-13) of _The ARRL
UHF/Microwave Projects Manual, Volume 1_ involving putting a 10-foot dish on
a section of Rohn 25.

Be aware, there are some really cheap TVRO actuators out there.  I don't
remember the name, but they are very popular on eBay.

GL es 73,

Joel B. Black, W4JBB
w4jbb@charter.net