Re: G-5500 Wattage (Power) Requirements

I took this question as a learning challenge...this is what I came up with...

Specifications (off Yaesu Web Site)
G-5500
Power Supply Voltage: 117 VAC, 50-60 Hz
Power Supply Current Consumption: 120 VA
Rotor Voltage: 24 VAC

Elsewhere.....

"In order for the power protection equipment to work effectively then it must
be sized according to the load it must carry. Power protection is normally
sized in Volt/Amps but can be rated in watts or amps. Most types of equipment
will have a power rating on the back of each unit this will be given in
either Watts or amps, to convert to VA the following formulas can be used.

Volts (V) x Amps (A) = Watts
W / Power Factor (Pf) = Volt/Amps (VA)."

or

"Watts x 1.4 = volt amps"

or

"Typically, to convert volt amps to watts, multiply the volt amps by 66%."

Only research...I am by no means an expert...

Roger
WA1KAT