Re: Automatic AMSAT Antenna Rotators

A further clairification.. If you are going to use a BUD for AO-40 and do
not want to go to the effort of full AZ rotation, all that should be
necessary is to get an additional Actuator are to tweak the declination +/-
5 degrees.

If you can get a H-H mount (like a Ajak H-H or a Birdview dish) you can get
very nearly +90 to -90 Az rotation (referenced to south in the norther hemi,
obviously).. a standard actuator driven BUD will go typically -70 to +40 or
vice-versa meaning that DX might be a problem, but if you are like me, the
horizon is blocked with trees anyway, and the smaller systems higher up are
necessary anyway..

Figured I'd add to the data..

Fred W0FMS