Re: Once again: Realistic BBQ Dish Gain with OriginalDipole Feed, an

BUD.. I think its a uniquely American term for our C-band dishes... Big Ugly
Dish == BUD.
The C-banders have a name for the little dishes too.. several actually...
LSD (Little Silly Dish),
Pizza-pan, Hubcap, LSD (Little $hi$$y Dish) etc...

BUDs, or 7-14' C-Band TV dishes, are readily available for free or little
cost in Rural America as many of these people like to pay twice as much a
month for the convience of 1/4 the picture quality and monopoly (or at least
ologopoly) programming packages, but no thought, effort or maintenance to
keep the TV going.

But, in many places one cannot put up a big dish anymore, so being able to
use one depends on your individual situation.  Such places also usually
don't allow ham antennas, either.

Anyway, this was probably more info than you needed.

As far as the BBQ vs. Real Dish... If AO-40 was healthy I'd use a BBQ
myself.  The difference for me is armchair copy vs. No-Fun Headache Annoying
copy.  So my arguement is similiar to the Yugo/Mustang GT argument earlier.
I truely believe that if you take the time to use the P* or larger sized
dishes you will enjoy AO-40 much more.  Thats it.  NOW, I'm literally going
to the bathroom and VOMIT as I cannot
believe this argument is starting up again.

As for the BIG BUD GUNS on L-band:  "Nannny, Nanny, Boo, Boo... we have
better equipment than you... ptttth!"  Said somewhat tounge and cheek... :O)

Fred W0FMS