Re: Once again: Realistic BBQ Dish Gain withOriginalDipole Feed, an

on 5/8/03 10:28 PM, Lee at lee-fl@cfl.rr.com wrote:

> There are probably several factors which lead stations to run excessive
> uplink power and not everyone with a weak receive configuration is guilty.
> However, if a station has barely a 10 dB SNR and "something" drives the AGC
> up causing their receive to drop 6db they will be much more inclined to
> increase the uplink power than the station which started off with an 18 dB
> SNR and still has solid copy even with the higher AGC.

Lee,

This is a well thought out and well worded statement.  This I would agree
with completely.  The guys with smaller dishes do have a harder time when
the AGC gets cranked up and that can exacerbate the problem of the AGC.

Also, thanks for the analysis of the AGC data.  From what others have said,
it sounded much worse than what you pointed out.  So it looks like I may be
wrong about what I said about "other" signals impacting AGC in a very
negative way.  I stand corrected.

73,

Jon
NA9D