Re: Once again: Realistic BBQ Dish Gain with OriginalDipole Feed, an

On Thursday 08 May 2003 09:07 pm, Jon Ogden wrote:
> on 5/8/03 7:16 PM, kevin schuchmann at kschuchm@pacbell.net wrote:
> > the problem  which everyone keeps ignoring...  is if you cant hear well
> > you tend to crank up the power to hear yourself....
>
> THEN WHY THE HELL DO THE L-BANDERS WHO HAVE BUDS RUN AT BEACON LEVEL OR
> GREATER!!!!!!
>
> They obviously can hear VERY well.  Stop using specious logic.  Excessive
> loudness on AO-40 does NOT necessarily correlate to the size or gain of
> one's receive antenna.
>
> ARGH!!!!!
>
> Jon
> -------------------------------------
> Jon Ogden
> NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

> Life Member: ARRL, NRA
> Member:  AMSAT, DXCC
>
> http://www.qsl.net/na9d   <- Updated on 1/22/03!!!

probably because they have the same poor operating habits as others do...

the difference is that they  know they are too loud...

and stop trying to put words in my mouth I never said that all loud stations
could not hear...

kevin
wa6fwf