Re: Once again: Realistic BBQ Dish Gain withOriginalDipole Feed, an

on 5/8/03 7:07 PM, kevin schuchmann at kschuchm@pacbell.net wrote:

> the beacon is 10 over... ya and where is your noise floor? s7 s8 s9?
> 10 over... what sort of measurement is that?

Kevin,

That hardly makes sense.  If the beacon is 10 over, yet the noise floor is
S7, 8 or 9, what is getting a bigger dish going to do???  You don't make
sense.  A bigger dish isn't going to make the noise floor less.

Rather, Kevin, the real scoop is more like this:

BBQ dish:

Beacon = S8 to S9
Noise: S0 to S1 - BUT THIS IS NOT THE Transponder noise floor!

3' Dish:

Beacon: = S10
Noise: S3  - Now you are hearing transponder noise.

These sort of numbers I would believe if you put them forth.  They make more
sense.

Jon
Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)