Re: Once again: Realistic BBQ Dish Gain withOriginalDipole Feed, an

on 5/8/03 6:03 PM, Andrew Glasbrenner at glasbrenner@mindspring.com wrote:

> Your assertion that it is false info is wrong. You've not seen the light
> yet. You will...I would think someone would experience both sides before
> doling out free advice at every turn.

OK Drew,

Then some poor SOB with a BBQ dish is QRMing AO-40 right now.

I've NEVER heard anyone with BBQ dishes at the same level as the beacon.
I've heard LOTs of L-banders with BIG dishes stronger than the beacon.  Yet
you rip on the guys with the little antennas.  Go figure.

It's so easy to blame the people who really aren't at fault.  I could EASILY
hear you if you were 8 dB below the beacon.

Jon

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Life Member: ARRL, NRA