Re: G-5500 down and out final report

The Emototator set out of Japan is much heavier yet in a similar physical
package.  We have had a set up at the AFA for about a year through the
usual 100 MPH winds and they are holding up very well.  We have a long U
helix and a 18 ele V X Yagi on them (SSTL remote ground station for
PICOSAT).  It would be nice if someone in the US started selling them
again.  They are available in Japan and Europe but not in the US.  Price
would be an issue, they are not cheap.

And for an even stronger arrangement the OR2800/MT3000 set from M2 will
handle up to a 12' dish or so.  I have two 4.5' dishes, a long U X Yagi and
a log periodic on mine and after some of the worst winds I can remember
they are just fine.  More expensive then even the Emoto set but you get
what you pay for.  And NOVA drives these very nicely.  After some tweaking
for my particular setup I find I can stay within .5 degrees as they follow
UO-11's very weak S band signal on a high pass.  I also have a set of these
up at the AFA on the same roof as the Emoto set.  The M2's have one 4.5'
dish, and the long M2 U and V Yagis.

Jim