AO-40 Dish Size

Hi guys,

After many years of being absent from the birds, I'm going to give AO-40
a whirl and need some advice regarding the 2.4 GHz. downlink dish size.
I've listened to the BBQ debate and jabs for the last couple of months
and I'm asking for some input as far as what would be a good compromise
for dish size vs. pointing accuracy while establishing a decent noise
floor. I have a DEM receive converter that will be located at the feed
point and I'm looking at buying G3RUH's splash feed (or other
suggestions?). I have a 3' commercial dish (Mark) that could be pressed
into service as well as a 7.5' TVRO dish. I have available several
rotors that could be used eg. Orion, HD-73, Ham IV, 5400 AZ/EL, and TVRO
elevation positioner. I will probably stick with manual control rather
than computer control if I used the TVRO positioner.

Your thoughts please.

Thanks,

Dave Smith / W6TE