Re: Once again: Realistic BBQ Dish Gain with OriginalDipoleFeed, an

On Thursday 08 May 2003 04:22 pm, RogerKola wrote:
> I offer this proposal...all of us who use BBQ dishes should be relegated to
> a "Novice" band in the passband...then when the privileged few (many) run
> out of other stations to contact or need a gridsquare they can come down
> (or up) and pass us a few QSO's

Ah if it was only that simple....

the problem  which everyone keeps ignoring...  is if you cant hear well
you tend to crank up the power to hear yourself....

this gets the AGC going, then the whole passband dives...

so putting the BBQ users or anyone who cant hear in one spot does not help...

making them aware of their limitations and asking them to keep the
power down might help...

but I am afraid it will come out the same as asking people not to run beacon
level, or don't swoosh the beacon, or stay away from the beacon...

people will do whatever they damn well please and not care...

73 Kevin
WA6FWF