Gene's spreadsheet and K-band

Probably a dumb question...but I noticed in going thru Gene's link budget spreadsheet that when you enter circular polarization for the K-band downlink you get an advantage...I thought the K-band downlink was linear polarized?  Shouldn't you actually take a 3dB hit using circular on K downlink?  (and of course a potentially infinite hit using linear--but we'll think positive for now).
Or am I all wet?
Thanks,

Scott Townley NX7U
Gilbert, AZ  DM43di