Re: Dumb Antenna Install ?

At 08:40 PM 5/7/2003 -0500, Phil - KB9CRY wrote:
>I'm ready to erect my sat antennas.  My dumb question, "Is there any
>convention or reason to mount the 2 meter antenna on one side of the
>cross boom and the 440 Mhz antennas on the other?  Meaning, should one
>be on the left and the other on the right or does it matter?"  I don't
>think it matters but I might as well ask.  I think I've seen both
>setups.  Tnx in advance and please reply off mail and I'll post the
>consensus for all to learn from.  Phil  KB9CRY

Phil,

For mode-UV or VU I see no particular difference.  If you are also mounting
a dish for s-band perhaps keeping distance from the UHF antenna makes sense
to avoid Tx interference (harmonic energy).  But from a mechanical
standpoint mounting the dish on the UHF side makes sense to balance the
weight of the VHF antenna.

I would say do what makes sense mechanically.

73, Ed - AL7EB