Re: Antenna comparison question

Steve:

You can get your fiberglass crossboom from Max-Gain systems. 1 1/4" solid
is $39 plus shipping and 1 1/2" is $59 plus shipping.

http://www.mgs4u.com/fiberg.htm

They are only 25 miles from me, but I had them ship mine anyway - I think
they charged $15 for UPS to my location.

Also check out Gulf Alpha Communication Antennas' satellite antenas at:

http://www.gulfalphaantennas.com/

I have their 8-element 70cm circular and optinal polarity switch - I'm very
happy with it. I use a 4-element linear yagi from Cushcraft on the uplink -
see pictures on my website listed below. With this setup I've worked all
the active satellites with no problems, so you really don't need to spend
$1k on antennas.

73's

Don Woodward
KD4APP