Re: Crystal question

Ah the old days!

Xtals in FT243 and 10XJ holders could be taken apart and the edges of the
actual quartz blank ground down using a glass plate and kitchen abrasive
known as AJAX here in the UK.

That would take the frequency higher and if you went too far some 2B pencil
lead rubbed on the quartz would bring it back down a bit.

It reminds me of my early days on 2 metres with a AM TX with a 5763 PA (ex
aircraft) and a bank of crystals so that we could work in contests when the
calling station would announce "tuning high to low" or "tuning low to high"

Sorry for the reminisces William - not much help for you today!

73

graham G3VZV

----- >