AO-40 rcvr program as a measurment tools?

Did anyone check the accuracy of the graphic signal display in AO-40RCVR? I remember having read  that each
horizontal lines represent 10DB. It is accurate enough to  mesure S/N ratio of a 2.4gig receiving sytem? And
is the peak values can be used. I have a 30DB noise level (Xponder off) and i received the MB peaks at the 50
db line i'm i right to say that my overall receiving performance is 20db over the noise level?

Thank's for your help

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE (AMSAT 33583)
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator