Re: Crystal question

I heard that crystals are etched with some sort of acid, to change the freq'
upwards..  Dunno 'bout stability, though..

William Leijenaar wrote:
> Hi AMSATs,
>
> I like to do some experiments with changing the frequency of normal
> crystal types.
> I have read in some very old magazines that amateurs did make their
> needed crystal frequencies themselfs. They take an available crstal and
> change the frequency of the crystal by changing the shape of it.
>
> I have tried this also with some crystals I have here, but I was not
> succesfull.
>
> Maybe someone knows how to change a crystal frequency without distroying
> it ????
> And what about the temperature stability ?
>
> Then some more crystal question:
> --------------------------------
> Can crystals be made (more) shock proof by pour it into resin ?
> Or this will make the crystal more temperature un-stable ??
>
> 73 de PE1RAH, William
> ---

73 de Alan
      | Packet: ZL2VAL@ZL2AB.#46.NZL.OC      APRS: =3903.39S/17406.40E] |
      | E-mail: zl2val@qsl.net  Snail mail address:  http://www.qrz.com |
                             Whacky signs
               Two signs from a Majorcan shop entrance:
                      - English well talking.
                      - Here speeching American.