Crystal question

Hi AMSATs,

I like to do some experiments with changing the frequency of normal crystal
types.
I have read in some very old magazines that amateurs did make their needed
crystal frequencies themselfs. They take an available crstal and change the
frequency of the crystal by changing the shape of it.

I have tried this also with some crystals I have here, but I was not
succesfull.

Maybe someone knows how to change a crystal frequency without distroying it
????
And what about the temperature stability ?

Then some more crystal question:
Can crystals be made (more) shock proof by pour it into resin ?
Or this will make the crystal more temperature un-stable ??

73 de PE1RAH, William
---