AMSAT-DC meeting a success

The recent, May 4, 2003, annual AMSAT-DC Meeting and Space Seminar was a
great success.  If you have never attended one of the meetings, you have
really been missing a lot.  There were eight talks, several very
interesting Show 'n' Tells and time to network.

Steve, KS1G, brought in his very portable AO-40 and LEO satellite station,
Gil, N3RZN, demonstrated some innovative software for image display, Paul,
W4RI, spoke on efforts to protect and retain our microwave bands, Art,
N3OY, shared his work on a homebrew Nova controller for radios and
rotators, Ed, N2EC, showed pictures of the CARAsat Field Day 2002 efforts,
Rick, W2GPS, presented his upcoming Dayton talk on ECHO (AO-E), John,
W3HMS, talked about his work on a portable 24 GHz AO-40 receiving system,
and I gave a status report on efforts to use WAAS GPS signals for frequency
stabilization.

The meeting started at 1:00 P.M. and broke up around 7:00 P.M.  More
details at:
http://patkilroy.com/amsat-dc

John  WA4WDL