Re: eQSL

 "Bruce Paige" writes:

> I even told one ham that he could write it on toilet paper for me as long as I
> got the information for an award.

For one of my DX trips, when I was out of cards and the guy was in a hurry,
I wrote "I confirm these details are correct per my log" on the face of the
guy's card, signed it and returned it.

> Want a better chance of getting a returned card? Include a self addressed
> envelope. Not all hams can afford to pay postage for everyone that wants their
> state/country/grid. You also might think about including a pre-printed QSL on a
> slip of paper that the other station only needs to sign and put back in your
> envelope.

I came home from 8P6DR two weeks ago after 2000+ hf cw QSOs (didn't have room
for satellite gear) and have already had about 50 cards direct - many people
(not just USA) put one or more green stamps (a $1 bill) in their envelope in
lieu of postage; some include International Reply Coupons, and occasionally UK
stamps. Most include an addressed envelope but an adhesive address label is also
acceptable. No postage = reply via bureau. But the main factor in QSLing is
the operators themselves; some are good at QSLing others are lousy. I've only
ever received a couple of pre-printed cards (and I didn't use them). A handful
of guys even e-mailed me to check the details before sending a direct card.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188