Re: eQSL

on 5/4/03 9:10 PM, Mike Olbrisch at kd9kc@elp.rr.com wrote:

> On the good side, having a good computer in the shack makes it so much
> easier to keep track of it all.  And some day the E-QSL will be allowed.
> Instant QSLing will then be a fact.  The folks against E-QSLs and computers
> amuse me.  I wonder how many track their satellites manually?  Of course, we
> will never know, because if they are on the list here, then they MUST have a
> computer.  <grin>  I wonder is someone against E-QSLing will not apply for
> their award because the LAST card needed is sent as an E-QSL.  Personally,
> If it is done right, I look forward to E-QSLing!

I doubt the eQSL system will ever be accepted for anything.  The whole issue
is one of security and legitimacy.  The only electronic system currently
under development that will accept electronic submissions is ARRL's Logbook
of the World.  Since the ARRL controls the awards, they can control how to
confirm them as well.  A lot of work has gone into the program and it does
much more than just serve as a QSL service.

73,

Jon
NA9D
Jon Ogden