Re: eQSL

Date sent:      	Sun, 4 May 2003 19:53:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:           	Garie Halstead <khyberpass65@yahoo.com>

snip...

> I sign all the cards I send out but receive many that are unsigned.  My
> understanding is that an unsigned card in no way invalidates its
> authenticity.  Being an Awards Manager, there's nothing really
> definitive in the rules on this matter, correct?

I also sign all cards. You are correct that nothing invalidates a card because
it is not signed. However, if one were to question a card or a printout, it
would be one that is not signed that would be under suspicion over one that is
signed. If I get a spread sheet, I will ask the person that issued it to verfiy
if it was valid if there is no signature on it.

Also, no corrections can be made to the card by anyone (the sender or the
receiver). I have had to disqualify a card that had the call of the sender on
it instead of the call of the receiver (oopsie). I have also had to disqualify
a card where one letter in the call had been changed. If you get a card that
has been altered by the sender, just send him back a note with the card and ask
for a replacement card so you can submit for an award.

Remember, the ARRL can question any or all cards submitted even though an
Awards Manager checked them. It is a check-and-balance.

73...bruce

Bruce Paige, KK5DO

AMSAT VP-User Services & Awards Manager

T5, 7.5Mhz