Re: eQSL

I would like to offer the rules that AMSAT and the ARRL are currently using.
eQSL cards are not acceptable. You also cannot send a copy of an email message
that says 'thanks for the qso on such and such date/time'.

The QSL card does not have to be a QSL card. Some, like WA4EWV, keep their logs
in a spread sheet. They will print out the spread sheet for contacts with a
particular station. That will include date/time, satellite, grid, city/state,
etc. He then signs the sheet and that is what makes it valid.

You can even take a picture post card, write the QSO information on the back
and drop it in the mail to the other station. As long as the pertinent
information appears on the paper/card is complete for the contact then it is
acceptable.

I even told one ham that he could write it on toilet paper for me as long as I
got the information for an award.

Want a better chance of getting a returned card? Include a self addressed
envelope. Not all hams can afford to pay postage for everyone that wants their
state/country/grid. You also might think about including a pre-printed QSL on a
slip of paper that the other station only needs to sign and put back in your
envelope. That way, should then not have any QSL's, they will not be burdened
about creating a card for you and can sign and go.

I hope this helps everyone.

73...bruce

Bruce Paige, KK5DO

AMSAT VP-User Services & Awards Manager