Re: G-5500 controller question

Gunther,

G6LVB writes:
> No change on the Az meter here. From your symptoms I wonder if the Q1
>  2SC2120/D2-D5 regulator has gone soft. Or maybe the Q2 7806 regulator has
>  gone AWOL. Q2 is easy to check without taking the unit apart by placing a
>  voltmeter across Az1 and Az3 (should be 6V).

It definitely sounds like Q2.  I had a bad one and, finding this device an
odd duck, I tried replacing it with the common 7805 with a 1N4001 in the
ground leg.  This works fine EXCEPT both the meter and the A/D values will
"jump" when the motor starts.  This drove my Uni-Trac crazy!  Sourcing the
real 7806 fixed the problem.
73,
Jerry, K5OE